Currently Mrs. Torres is the Partner of Business Process Outsourcing and Expatriate Tax Services in BDO Mexico. She is responsible for promoting the services of accounting, tax compliance and payroll, as well as Expatriate Tax services in the area of international assignments to multinational companies.
Marcela Torres Martinez has over 28 years experience in public accounting, specifically as a business consultant to medium and large corporations and companies in the growth process. Her expertise includes accounting services, payroll taxes and back office services. In addition, accounting services are provided to Trusts and Financial institutions to prepare financial statements which are required by the Stock Exchange regulation Committee.
She provides tax compliance and consulting services on International assignments to multinational companies which are setting up their business in Mexico. Starting with the entrance interview to determine tax residency of the assignee and guide the employer through the tax equalization process and implementation of mirror or shadow payroll process, including the application of double tax treaties on Income tax as well as on Social Security Contributions, clearly understands the challenges of clients to optimize the assignment costs. Using the BDO network on Expatriate tax services has been a key part of the process to obtain an efficient global mobility process for our clients.
As Business Process Outsourcing Partner, she is in charge to provide different services such as the registration of foreign companies in Mexico, providing corporate tax compliance, accounting, payroll and treasury services to multinational companies.
In 1988 joined Alcalá, Hernandez, Flores, SC as auditor.
From 1995 to 2006, he joined PwC in the area of international taxes, specialized on Expatriate Tax services.
- In 2006 she joined Vanguardium Consulting as a Partner in the area of Accounting Outsourcing, Payroll and Taxes.
- In February 2011, she joined BDO Castillo Miranda as Partner of Business Process Outsourcing and Expatriate Tax services.
- Member of the Research Committee of the Association of Certified Public Accountants since 2006.
- Member of the Mexican Institute of Public Accountants (MIPA)
- Universidad La Salle
- Mexican Institute of Public Accountants (IMCP)
- Public Accountant Certificate